Monday, February 8, 2010

So fast... so slow

I feel like I am in a time warp. March 24th seems so far away and I want it to hurry up, but when I look at all the things I need to get done before then it feels like I have no time at all. Anticipation and dread do funny things to your head.

I have ordered some new furniture and am setting up a dedicated office in my house. I have been just kind of working wherever was comfortable or setting my laptop next to my home computer, but there are distractions and I want to be more productive. It is also kind of an admission that I will be stuck working at home for a while after the surgery and I need to plan for it.

We have a room that is not being used for much, so I will be setting up a desk and other office furniture in there. I also ordered the tallest ottoman I could find to prop my leg up. Most are pretty low. I had a lot of issues with my foot swelling up after the microfracture, which prevented me from doing anything where my foot had to be down for more than two or three minutes. The same thing will probably happen, so I want to be prepared this time.

Note from after the surgery: It turned out that low ottomans worked just fine. I ended up using a low one with a big pillow on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment