Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Stairs

I was talking with my physical therapist and she said that after we enter Phase 3 she would teach me how to walk on stairs again! I have been just taking each step one at a time with my bad leg straight. I've been doing that for so long that I actually got excited at the idea of being able to walk normally up and down stairs! And then I get a little embarrassed that I got a little excited. But seriously, my house has three floors and tons of stairs. I can't wait to relearn them!

She did say not to try it on my own first. That is definitely something to begin with her guidance.

I still plan on walking around the grocery store this weekend. If it goes well, I will start going into the office. My job has been great since they have been letting me work from home. Before my surgery, days in the office were my most painful. The concrete floors there just killed my knee. I am a little nervous about going back, but the grocery store seems like a good test to see if I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment