Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Slow and Steady

I went to see Dr. Trice yesterday and he was pleased with my progress and said I am right on track. The primary message I took away from the appointment was to stay cautious. As I feel better, I will want to do more, but I really need to still be protecting the implant as it hardens. So absolutely no weight-bearing exercises are allowed. He doesn't even want me to use the elliptical or walk any more than needed. I need to stay in tortoise mode and not be tempted to be more like the hare. So, I can pretty much just use the bike or swim.

Speaking of which, he thought the Aqua Arthritis class was a great idea so he signed the paperwork and now I am all signed up. It starts in September, but now that I have access to a pool I may just go and do some water-walking sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment