Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I can't believe I am still learning

I thought I had pretty much figured out all that I needed to know, but then this weekend happened. I have been having so much trouble with all my muscles aching and my back just all knotted up. It has been hard to get up in the morning. So, finally, I asked my PT for a recommendation for a massage therapist.

Lesson Learned: I should have gotten a massage a long time ago!

It is highly important to have the right type of massage therapist who knows how to actually heal the muscles, not just help you relax. Sports massage therapists seem to be the ticket. Anyway, a wonderful woman named Brandy took her magnificent elbows to the arch around my left shoulder blade. It was one huge knot from both the cane and how I have been compensating for my limp.  I didn't even realize until she was done that I had been restricting the motion of my left arm. She freed it.

The next day I was sore, as expected. It has made a huge difference though and I wish I had done this months ago. I am finally starting to feel closer to normal.

1 comment:

  1. Allison,

    So glad I found you! My name is Joy. I am a 30 yr-old female in Maryland with OCD! I had MFX 9/17/09 and saw Dr. Trice after this MFX failed. I have an arthroscopic surgery set up with Dr. Trice 9/21/10 and then I need to make the decision on what procedure to go with. I would love to talk to you! My email is joye8880@gmail.com. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete