Wednesday, December 15, 2010

MRI

Last night I went to get a 3.0 Tesla MRI, which is basically a very powerful MRI screening that can produce high quality imagery. Here's an article about the very one that I went to at the Hopkins Outpatient Center.

It takes a while and isn't the most pleasant experience. For 35 minutes you have to hold very still in a very cold room. It's really loud, even with the earplugs and thick headset, so you can't fall asleep. That being said, you aren't trapped in a tiny tube so I didn't get claustrophobic. The tube is big and your head and arms are outside of it.

I am very excited because this is my first MRI since the surgery and I have an appointment with Dr. Trice tomorrow where I will find out what it shows him. I feel like I am doing pretty well, but I would like the reality check.

No comments:

Post a Comment