Monday, January 25, 2010

Less than Two Months to Go

I am in the preparation phase. Perhaps seeing what I am doing will be helpful for others in the same position. Check out the links on the right because Ray's ACI and Osteotomy site has a great checklist. I already have most of those items since the microfracture rehab is like "ACI rehab lite."

Ray also provides a picture of a Bledsoe brace, which I had heard of but never seen. Crazy! I don't know if I will need one of those or not.

Things that need to get done:
- Call the physical therapist I used after the microfracture and get her fax number so Dr. Trice's office can send her the preliminary rehab protocol.
- Begin looking for an in-home physical therapist for the first few weeks.
- Work with my darling hubby for him to request time off work. From what I have read, it is wise to have someone there 24-7 for the first two weeks. He can always go back early if that turns out to be too conservative.
- Make a list of questions for my pre-surgery appointment with Dr. Trice in late February. This will be ongoing.
- Call my short-term disability insurance company to let them know I will be out. This one can wait a little while.
- Get things in a good place at work so as much upfront planning is done as possible and everything is covered.

I also wanted to share the most awesome leg brace pants! In case the link doesn't work in the future, I will describe them so you can look for something similar. They are short lounge pants, also called gauchos, offered by Old Navy. They are knee length, very stretchy, baggy, and so soft. As an added bonus, they are quite inexpensive. I have ordered several pairs in different colors. They are stretchy enough that they are easy to get on and off over a big brace and they allow easy access to get the brace on and off while wearing them. Having clothes that you don't need to fight against really does make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment