Saturday, January 23, 2010

The Verdict

When I went back to my next appointment with Dr. Trice (January 11th 2010), he was very pleased to hear that the brace had helped. At this point we were at 10 months post-MFX. I knew that Dr. Trice wanted to wait to perform ACI at least one year after MFX to try to maximize the chance of success. 10 months out was enough to start scheduling! In fact, his staff had already submitted my information to my insurance company and they had already received approval for the surgery, so they were ready to schedule me right away. I took the first surgery day available after the one year MFX anniversary, which works out to be March 24th 2010.

I am managing better. That’s kind of the irony as I get closer to my surgery date. With the brace and the Ryzolt (painkiller) I am actually doing better than I have at nearly any point since this all started. However, it still feels like it is slowly getting worse and better is not nearly good enough.

So now I am preparing. One of the more clever ideas I have heard is to have a pre-surgery pedicure, so I have scheduled that. You do tend to spend a lot of time looking at your feet and I won’t be able to reach my right foot! After the microfracture, my right foot itched terribly but I still have plenty of anti-itch Gold Bond lotion. That was a weird side effect. Another act of preparation is obviously to set up this blog and cover how I got here. Now that I have caught you up, I am not sure how much I will have to update it with until I get closer, but there will be plenty later.

No comments:

Post a Comment