Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Osteoto-wha?

I have left out one thing from The Verdict. In part, that is because I don't know enough about it yet and I don't know if it will be required for my particular situation. Dr. Trice may recommend doing another procedure concurrent with the ACI which is called an osteotomy. There are many different kinds and I don't know which one we are talking about yet.

Basically, an osteotomy is a surgical procedure where the bone is cut, to allow a reshaping or a realignment.

This second procedure is essential if my knee alignment is not straight, because ACI is not effective in poorly aligned knees without fixing the alignment. If it is necessary, my recovery may be slightly more complicated than already planned. I am not sure it can hurt any more than the ACI alone, so I have to admit I am not that worried about it.

If I need it, I will definitely learn and share more.

No comments:

Post a Comment