Friday, March 19, 2010

Counting Down on One Hand

Five days to go...

I am about to start shopping to make some frozen meals. Here are two recipes that I plan on making. I also expect I will eat a lot of graham crackers, saltines, and those Archway old-fashioned molasses cookies.

Carrot Fennel Soup - This soup is mild and sweet, but very smooth. I expect that it will be nice as a light meal when I am still getting my appetite back and when my throat is still sore from the anesthesia.

Beef and Bok Choy Hot Pot - This is one of my favorite healthy comfort food recipes. My husband doesn't care for it, so I don't have much occasion to make it. Here's an occasion! It freezes pretty well too if using fettuccine (heartier noodle). Both carrot and bok choy are hefty vegetables that can take a little reheating and not get soggy. Still, I probably won't cook them at all before freezing.

No comments:

Post a Comment