Monday, March 15, 2010

Single Digits

Today is nine days until my surgery. I have been waiting so long and now it is only nine days away. Wow.

I thought I should mention that my pain medication is squared away and the pain is manageable again. Thanks to everyone that was pulling for me for those couple of bad days! It makes a difference. Honestly I am still so surprised when someone I know starts talking to me about something I wrote here. It makes me feel very special to know people are interested in checking in on me.

Before things get crazy, I do need to give some serious kudos to my wonderful husband. He has been an absolute angel and I don't know how I could have gotten this far without him. It is hard on him too, to see me hurting and to not be able to help, but he hasn't let me down even once. Sometimes I wonder if my knee problem is just to even out a cosmic balance sheet because I have been so unbelievably lucky to have him in my life. I just had to get that out there.

I think people expect me to be nervous about the upcoming surgery. Describing the recovery blows most people away. I think I finally found an analogy that makes sense to many people. Everyone knows that the traffic is bad around Los Angeles. During rush hour it can be mind-numbingly bad. The on ramps there have a stoplight to mediate the flow of traffic merging in during busy times. I feel like I have been stuck at one of those stoplights for a very long time! I know that once it turns green and I can get on the highway that it will still be insanely slow going. But right now, I am not moving at all. I want to get on that slow highway and start making my way to recovery. It will still be rough, but it's better than staying here stuck on the on ramp.

@Lottie - I know! Someday I will have normal knee function! I do try to stay focused on the end goal.

@Shae - Wow, that soup looks good! Do you freeze it at the point before you add the cream and then later add it when reheating?

@Jess - I feel your pain! Hope it is sorted out by now.

@Mike - Still trying to find a good date!

No comments:

Post a Comment