Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The Final Countdown

Now you have that song stuck in your head, right?

So today is my last day. I finished handing everything off at work yesterday and gave some treats to my wonderful team to thank them for putting up with me. I am certainly not the only one this injury affects. It was kind of sad leaving. I will miss everyone.

I did get my pre-surgery pedicure this weekend! My toes remind me of cupcakes with sprinkles. (I give the picture a GR of 2 only because some people have a thing about feet.)

Stepping off the Ryzolt has been unpleasant. It is a 12-hour pill so I am taking it once a day now instead of twice. Since I am not ahead of the pain, it never really calms down. Oh well. It will be worth it to not have to go through that withdrawal again.

The instructions I received from pre-op said they will call today to tell me what time my surgery will be tomorrow. I am waiting by the phone. They said that since they are a trauma hospital, they can only schedule things so far in advance. A friend of mine had her hip surgery rescheduled at the last minute recently and she was so frustrated. I totally understand! You get so worked up with anticipation. I don't think my surgery can be rescheduled though. Once the cells are ready and delivered, they have to be used immediately.

Adding a few more things to my list that I picked up over the weekend:
- Back pillow (the kind with arms)
- Bed tray

@ Jenn - My mother used to swear by Arnica gel! I haven't thought about that in years.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Allison, not sure of the time difference between UK and you - but will be thinking of you tomorrow and hoping that all goes smoothly. Just think - the only way is up now!!!Lots of luck and hugs from over the pond, looking forward to reading progress updates from now on! Woohooo! Lottie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Your Toes - how fun!!! I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete