Friday, April 30, 2010

A Note on Pain

I am not on any painkillers right now. That may not seem like a big deal since I am over 5 weeks post-op and I probably should be healed enough from the surgery to not be on painkillers.

However, I was on painkillers every single day for about 5 months before the surgery because my pain was that intense. It ached all the time. Walking sent stabbing pain through my body. The inner side of my right knee (where the injury was located) was extremely sensitive to touch. These things are different after the surgery. There is no aching. It does not hurt when the side of my knee is touched, or even massaged. It is particularly hot there, but Sandy, my physical therapist said that just means it is REALLY healing there. It's a technical term. ;)

I am not pain-free. Moving around can hurt. My knee tightens up quickly and then needs to be gently brought back to the range of motion that I know I can reach. Also, my knee sort of locks when it is straight for a while and does not want to start the bend. Sometimes it pops, and that hurts too. But none of this compares to how much I hurt before the surgery.

So, I am hopeful. We will see what happens when I start walking on it in 19 days.

1 comment:

  1. Rodriguez, who lives next door to the shop Cigarettes Online, was arrested days later on charges of armed robbery, possession of a weapon Newport Cigarettes, possession of a firearm for an unlawful purpose, theft and terroristic threats. All charges were dismissed in May 2016.

    ReplyDelete